Event management services
Academic conferences are an integral part of any academic’s career. Organising a large conference, however, is no small undertaking.
That’s why the University of Birmingham has a dedicated Academic Conferences and Events Manager, Louise Walczak. Her support will help you bid for and deliver successful conferences: ones that inform and energise delegates, ensure they have a positive experience throughout their time in Birmingham, and provide effective networking opportunities.
What’s on offer?
This service includes:
- Overall event project management, from initial brief, event planning and delivery to evaluation
- Financial planning and budget management
- Venue booking and management, including arranging your catering
- Registration and delegate management
- Speaker and abstract management
- Marketing and promotion, including an individual event website
- Design and printing of all delegate materials
- Management of the dedicated in-house AV team
- Accommodation sourcing and online booking service
- Sponsorship and exhibition management
- Social programmes management
- Design and printing of abstract book
- Conference app
- Delegate fabric poster printing
Beyond the practicalities, you’ll also benefit from the support of an experienced, proactive individual who will solve problems, and take the pressure off you.
The cost to provide this service is available upon request.
The Academic Conferences and Events Manager is primarily here to help you with larger conferences: ones over two, three or four days, with up to 1000 attendees. Please get in touch if you’d like support for smaller conferences, too.
To find out more, contact Louise today by email, or on 0121 414 2912.
About Louise Walczak
Louise joined the University of Birmingham in 2018, in a brand new role.
She brings over ten years of experience in the sector, working with the Royal College of Nursing, the BMJ, and the Haymarket Media Group.
Academic conference support is also provided by some specific colleges within the University. Contact Louise, and she’ll ensure you find out everything you need.