We are acutely aware of the importance of using sustainable practices.
Research at the University is already pioneering efforts to create sustainable cities of the future, preserving water and tackling air pollution. At Conferences & events, we want to do our bit – and we know you do too.
Sustainable Food Charter
Food and drink is produced with sustainability in mind, ensuring animal welfare, adopting ethical trading supply chain standards, and providing lower carbon vegetarian and vegan options.
You’ll always have the option to have catering using crockery and glassware. If plasticware is used, they are cleaned and reused multiple times.
Managing food waste
Catering waste management goes on behind the scenes, with suppliers removing packaging to be recycled and zero-plastic sandwich packaging.
- Food waste sent to anaerobic digestion to create energy
- Coffee grounds recycled to create fuel logs
- If used disposable plates and cutlery are biodegradable
Reducing paper consumption
The team will support you in to reduce the impact of your event.
- Online maps and event guides
- Alternatives offered to plastic lanyards, name badges and paper tickets
- Digital signage
One of the benefits of holding your event on our busy campus is the infrastructure is already in place to support sustainable living.
- Use of electric vehicles, with charging points across campus
- Easy access to all venues via University station